auntieannie

Viktor E. Frankl, Harold S. Kushner
Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection
Jacob Silverman

Just My Type: A Book about Fonts

Just My Type: A Book About Fonts - Simon Garfield If you don't read the rest, at least read the foreword by Chip Kidd. Wonderfully done in his unique graphic style. I'm kind of interested in fonts, typefaces, but I had no idea there was so much involved. This book is a good overview, presented in shortish chapters in an entertaining style. But I did get a little fatigued by it. A glossary would have been a useful addition. I became more confused about what was a typeface, a font, a glyph, and "not-a-font", perhaps a logo or design as I went along. I also was a bit overwhelmed walking around the streets for a few days, being hyper-aware of all the different fonts and designs coming at me. Still, overall, a fun book. I liked the "fontbreak" chapters that focused on a particular font and usually its history.