auntieannie

Man's Search for Meaning
Viktor E. Frankl, Harold S. Kushner
Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection
Jacob Silverman

The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World - Chris Guillebeau Really helpful book for me for a jumpstart.Figure out your dream.Figure out your work.Convergence power -- combine your dream and your work. Don't settle for non-meaningful work. Open to new ideas. Dissatisfied with the status quo. Willing to take personal responsibility. Willing to work hard. Chart a path for yourself. Overcome fear and insecurity and criticism from gatekeepers.Goal-setting. One year, five years, lifetime goals.Acknowledge your fear. Go public, create accountability for yourself. Educating yourself -- the alternative to traditional education.By saving just $2 a day, you can probably fund any trip within 2 years. Vision -- how will the world be different because of your project?Beneficiaries -- who will benefit from this project?Primary method or medium -- how will you do the work?Output -- what will be produced as a result of your work?Metrics -- how will success be measured?When planning for legacy work.In the am:How am I feeling?What do I want to do right now?What is the single, most important thing I can do today?In the pm:Who did I help today?How much time did I spend creating today?Did I move closer to one of my big goals today?How much did I exercise today?How much sugar, caffeine, alcohol did I consume today?What do I want to do tomorrow?Increase the amount of legacy work versus busy work. Set a continual metric like 1000 words a day that keeps you focused on what really matters.