auntieannie

Viktor E. Frankl, Harold S. Kushner
Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection
Jacob Silverman

The Power of Focusing: Finding Your Inner Voice

The Power of Focusing: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing - Ann Weiser Cornell Using focusing to deal with action blocks (such as writer's block): "As you sense this block in a new way, you may even discover that what you thought you wanted to do isn't really so. One woman worked on a block that stopped her from doing sports. ("I've had this block for 10 yrs.") After Focusing with that part of her that didn't want to do sports, she announced, "I realize that I hate sports!" She then formulated a new goal: to be more active in vigorous body movement. She joined a dance class; no more block." p.59... feel the positive energy hidden inside the fear. "I'm afraid I'll be too tired" might become "I want to have energy." "I'm afraid people won't like my work" might become "I want my work to be appreciated." p.62