auntieannie

Man's Search for Meaning
Viktor E. Frankl, Harold S. Kushner
Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection
Jacob Silverman

La grammaire est une chanson douce (Plaisirs secrets de la grammaire #1)

La grammaire est une chanson douce - Erik Orsenna, Bigre ! I'm reading it in English...A tasty little morsel. Had the feel of a Calvino. How could an English major not love it? Too bad I can't read it in French. "I was still hanging onto my words by their wings. Catching them had been such a painful experience that I refused to let go them; I was afraid they might escape. They would surely prefer to be walking around freely by themselves, as they did in that town we had enjoyed so much with Monsieur Henri.It was Monsieur Henri who came to my aid now. "You can trust the paper, Jeanne. Words like the feel of paper, in the same way you or I like the sand on a beach or the sheets on our bed. As soon as they touch a page, they calm right down, start purring and become as gentle as lambs. Take a chance. You'll see, there's no finer sight than a series of words on a sheet of paper." p.103