auntieannie

Viktor E. Frankl, Harold S. Kushner
Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection
Jacob Silverman

The Medium Next Door: Adventures of a Real-Life Ghost Whisperer

The Medium Next Door: Adventures of a Real-Life Ghost Whisperer - Maureen Hancock I saw Maureen Hancock "performing" as a medium so I was curious to read the book. It's a combination autobiography/self-help book. Not for everyone. Not the point of the book at all, but I kept wondering about her "career path." She mentions going to a vocational agricultural high school with the aspiration of being a vet. Next we hear, she's working as a paralegal (trained? doesn't mention) at a large Boston large firm. After that, she's "working at Logan airport" -- never says what kind of work. She does seek training in various healing therapies as she moves into "medium" work. Since she has the "gift" of seeing from a young age, that makes sense and progresses naturally from there. But I couldn't help but want to get a clearer picture of her earlier choices.